Our mission is to encourage you to make important changes in your everyday routine that promote better health and more happiness.
Why bother? Research shows that major diseases like cardiovascular, obesity, diabetes and cancer are all lifestyle-related. But if lifestyle can kill, it's also the antidote. Positive changes, even small ones, can bring major benefits to health, a sense of well-being, and aging successfully.
Dr. Roger Walsh of the UC Irvine College of Medicine wrote a paper that has shaped our organization. In it, he identifies eight lifestyle areas that are essential to a healthy, balanced, fulfilling life:
• Spending time in nature
• Relaxation/stress management
• Faith or spiritual involvement
• Service to community
Take a moment to consider one step, however small, that you could take right now that could:
• Reduce your stress level
• Reduce reliance on alcohol or drugs for relaxation
• Help you eat a balanced, healthful diet
• Get you to stretch, move, and strengthen muscle tone
• Improve an important relationship
• Eliminate a risky behavior such as texting and driving, having unprotected sex, driving with a blood alcohol level over the legal limit
• Strengthen your network of close friends
Healthy Laguna! Needs You
This is a community blog. Please tell us your experiences—what worked for you, what didn’t, in working toward a lifestyle change?
We invite you to post:
• Healthful Habits
• Articles and books
• Local Resources
We invite you to get your neighborhood, club, PTA, family, school, exercise class, group of friends, or organization involved with Healthy Laguna. Please join us!